Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes store- how to list all songs that share same title

If I put in a title it only pulls up one or 2 of the versions of this song when I know there are many versions. It try putting in quotes and it still will not list all the versions of this song. I click list by title and it will only give me the 1st 100 songs alphabetically. No way to click to next page. How can I find all the songs that share the same title? Thanks

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 6:14 PM

12 replies

Jan 22, 2016 8:40 AM in response to nylongirl

The vertical scroll bar is along the right side of the window. If you don't see it (because you use a Magic Mouse/Trackpad), go to System Preferences General pane; set Show Scroll Bars to Always. Also, select the last song you can see and press down arrow on the keyboard a few times; doesn't the window scroll to show more songs?

NOTE: You can also skip to the portion of songs list you want by selecting any song on the list (so that you are in the list), and typing the first few letters on keyboard ("my" for your example).

Feb 7, 2016 9:51 AM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

I do have "ALWAYS in the scroll bar checked. here is a screen shot. Doing a search for song called FOR GOOD. Alphabetically as you see it ends at 100 and will not give me anyway to go to the next 100 songs. There is a note at the bottom I cropped off that says refine search. 😟 It won't let me click on last song and do arrow. When I type name it doesn't seem to help either. Maybe I need to take laptop to apple store and show them. Frustrating.

User uploaded file

Feb 7, 2016 10:15 AM in response to nylongirl

Sorry... I didn't realize you were describing songs listed in the iTunes Store. I thought it was your iTunes library.

I did what I think is the same search, and it does give me a list that ends at 100 songs. That appears to be the max for a search in iTunes Store. If you know anything else about the song, such as a word from the album title, add it to the search entry to get more specific results that are under 100. Obviously, artist name would be useful to add to the search entry, but you probably would not be asking this question if you knew the artist name. 😉

iTunes Store is not the best place to do such a generalized search. Instead, use Safari with any search website, like Google (or your preferred search engine). Then, you'll get as many results as you could ever want. Searching with just "for good" is a bit too vague. For example, search using the query

song title "for good"

That's probably still too vague, so if you know anything else about the song, such as key words from the song's lyrics, or where/how you heard the song, add them to your search query. Once you know more about the song, do a more "refined" search in iTunes Store.

Feb 7, 2016 10:22 AM in response to nylongirl

Nylon Girl,

Amazon Digital Music has a much better search facility for what you are trying to do. Use the "Advanced Search" with the "Song Title Search" option (see below).

I just tried it with "Dance the Night Away" and got 1,211 results.

Once you find what you want (by playing the samples, or whatever), you can either buy it from Amazon, or use the information to do a more specific search in the iTunes Store.

User uploaded file

Feb 7, 2016 10:35 PM in response to Kenichi Watanabe

Hi Kenichi - Sorry I didn't make that clear about it being the iTunes Store. I want to see the list of all the people who have recorded that song (for example) so it's a shame you can't get a list for a specific song as they give you the 1st one hundred alphabetically. I will ask them in itunes store. There must be a way. I so very much appreciate your trying to help!!! 😀

Feb 9, 2016 4:50 AM in response to nylongirl

nylongirl wrote:

I am looking specifically for info on itunes. I want to find specific songs (on itunes) and see how many artists have recorded that song and also compare sales/downloads/most popular.

Interesting. So you do need iTunes and its popularity bars.

There is a way to get around the 100 limit when you are searching by Artist, but I am not aware of a way to do it when searching by title. Sorry.

itunes store- how to list all songs that share same title

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.