Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs played in opposite order in "album" mode

iTunes on El Capitan.

When in "album" mode, songs play backwards. E.g. - if I start playback on the 10th song on the album, the next played song is number 9, etc.

Also, the NEXT and PREVIOUS "buttons" are switched. If I click NEXT it plays the PREVIOUS song, and vice versa. ***?

This only happens in album mode.

Cheers.

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 5:47 PM

9 replies

Jan 21, 2016 7:41 PM in response to ReDRuMxxx

This appears to be a long-standing bug that occurs when specific sort orders are selected in Albums view (e.g, if ordered by Year in descending sequence) and you start by playing a song within an album - this seems to be a side effect of the ordering that happens in Songs view (where sorting by descending Year also inverts track number order). Playing the album itself should get the play order correct independent of sort order.

There was a discussion of this issue over on the Windows forum a couple of days ago - it seems that the bug's been present in iTunes for several years 😟. May still, though, be worth reporting through the iTunes Feedback page.

Feb 13, 2016 7:38 AM in response to turingtest2

As I clarified in my second post (sorry), this happens in ARTIST view, not album. I tried switching to songs view, and the sort is indeed ascending.The problem remains.

What's weird is that this happens only if I select an actual artist in the leftmost column. If I select "recently aded" or "all artists" then playback is as expected in artist view.

Added screenshot for clarification. User uploaded file

Songs played in opposite order in "album" mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.