Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live photo not working on lock screen!

just yesterday I updated my iPhone 6s Plus to the latest firmware. And today I wanted to change my picture on my lock screen but it did not give me the option to make it live photo or even perspective. I'm just making this aware to everyone so this can get fixed ASAP!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 11:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2017 5:45 PM

I have the same problem with my Iphone7. The camera live photos are not getting live on the lockscreen even though i am selecting live option while setting the lockscreen. Please fix this ASAP. I hope an early reply on this. Evn if it does take time. Pls notify.

5 replies

Nov 17, 2017 11:20 AM in response to Baturtle

If you have tried every step like I have and it doesn’t work . Well I have found a method to work for me . If you took a actual Live Photo go to edit that photo and change the key photo(cover pic) to a frame near the beginning of the Live Photo and it’ll start working . Ps this fixed all my troubles with Live Photo’s as wallpapers

Nov 17, 2017 11:18 AM in response to dixone

If you have tried every step like I have and it doesn’t work . Well I have found a method to work for me . If you took a actual Live Photo go to edit that photo and change the key photo(cover pic) to a frame near the beginning of the Live Photo and it’ll start working . Ps this fixed all my troubles with Live Photo’s as wallpapers

Jan 23, 2016 9:38 AM in response to Baturtle

Hi Baturtle,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with your iPhone after a recent update. I also apologize, I'm a bit unclear on exactly what you are seeing; what happens or what do you see when you follow the process outlined in the User Guide?

Play a Live Photo on the Lock screen. Go to Settings > Wallpaper > Choose a New Wallpaper. Tap Live, then choose a Live Photo or choose one of your own Live Photos (under Photos). Tap Set, then tap Set Lock Screen. When on the Lock screen, press to play the Live Photo. See Use Live Photos.

Change the wallpaper - iPhone

Change your iPhone wallpaper - Apple Support

Regards

Feb 14, 2016 3:59 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi,

same problem here for me, i can not use live photos (made by my self with iphone cam) for the background, i can use the photo, but i dont have the the option for live-photo. It is just not there. When i am using live-photos from the apple folder live with preset pictures its working.

This seems to be a bug!

I am on 9.2.1 with 6s 64GB White with the TSMC A9.

Live photo not working on lock screen!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.