Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlist question...

I changed my Playlist in ITunes. I Plugged in my Ipod Touch & ran the Update & Sync. I changed my Playlist. And when I done the Update & Sync it did not Update my New Playlist. How do I get my Playlist in my ITunes to update on my Touch?? Thanks in advance.

iPod touch

Posted on Jan 21, 2016 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 7:46 PM

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2016 7:46 PM in response to bluonblk

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Feb 11, 2016 11:12 PM in response to bluonblk

I synced it just to try it with this computer I am using now. And it ran the sync. It gives you the option to auth 2 computers. So, I have to auth. I'm pretty sure it is up to date but will try that also. All the songs play in my Ipod touch. Now if I go to Itnues on my computer my updated play list is correct just did not update on my touch. And it is up to date 9.2.1

Feb 11, 2016 11:44 PM in response to lllaass

Sorry IIIaass... I replied to myself. Oops, 😕 As far as the boxes checked. I have checked, (Open ITunes when this Ipod is connected), checked. But I do not have the remaining boxes checked. Okay that should cover everything you mentioned. I haven't checked your links. But like I said, I will try to get that done over the weekend. Sorry for all the responses. Thanks

Feb 14, 2016 7:46 PM in response to bluonblk

You can only sync with one computer. To switch computers

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

If all the synced media like apps and music are already in the iTunes library of the new computer just backup to iTunes and restore from that backup.

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Feb 14, 2016 7:45 PM in response to lllaass

Well, I went from using my tablet/mini laptop to using my regular laptop. And I created an all new playlist. And was able to put all my songs in the new playlist. And now it is exactly like that in my Ipod touch. So, thanks for all your help. Really Thanks!! I'm not sure if there was an easier way. But either way I now have it like I want it. Knowing me I took the long way around, lol

Playlist question...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.