Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.2.1 update. No sound during phone calls

iPhone 6 updated to 9.2.1 last night.

Today when I make or receive phone calls the microphone is not working and there is no sound. Checked repeatedly.!!! Phone basically unusable.

Any help please??

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 10:37 AM

I have a similar issue since 9.2.1 my phone crashes when answering/calling out and also have no volume >.<

7 replies

Jan 22, 2016 10:57 AM in response to Lakisd

Same problem! I just updated to iOS 9.2.1 on my iPhone 6 Plus (June 2015). When making or receiving a call to or from another iPhone (iPhone 5, pre-9.2.1), I can't hear anything, and the other party cannot hear me either. On two calls to land lines, the other party and I could only hear a few bits of sound here and there. Apple, please fix this now! ⚠ ⚠ ⚠

Jan 22, 2016 11:53 AM in response to Lakisd

You probably found the easiest workaround - good for you, and thanks for your help. I also managed to fix the problem by calling my operator (Rogers, in Canada); they asked me to turn my phone off, then they reinitialized the connection between my phone and their network; done! Rebooting my phone may have done the trick, I don't know. Anyhow, iOS 9.2.1 needs a quick fix for this, Apple!

Mar 12, 2016 9:04 AM in response to Lakisd

I could not hear/ had no sound on my calls, but the phone I was calling to/ receiving a call from could hear me well. Sound was normal on speakerphone.

Rebooting the iPhone didn't work for me. I then put it on airplane mode and restarted the phone. This reset the phone connection to the network and the problem resolved. Audio is back to normal on phone calls.

Mar 16, 2016 6:57 PM in response to AlienHand

hi everyone!

my iPhone 6S with IOS 9.2.1 has same problem - started this evening!! I have tried logging off and on, airplane mode, rebooted, logged off and on the network, tapped on blocked calls, do not disturb and basically followed all the other directions i found on apple support - nothing has worked😠😢.

I can't hear an outgoing call or hear an incoming one- the speaker works for both!! it seems some of the simpler solutions have worked for others on this thread! But not for me!! Would appreciate any other ideas??? should I give up and just go to my nearest Apple Store? ugh! Hope not.

Thanks- very annoyed by this inconvenience! Come on Apple- really?!

9.2.1 update. No sound during phone calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.