Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Computer loses network connection after sleep mode.

I have a 27" iMac 3.4 Ghz i7. After installing El Capitan, my computer loses the ethernet network connection after it is awaken from sleep mode. My network connection has a static ip address. Not running wireless connection at all. Any ideas how to fix this without having to restart computer after sleep mode.

Thanks,

Brian

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 6:17 AM

1 reply

Jan 23, 2016 2:56 PM in response to Brian Gilliland

Hello there, Brian.

It sounds like you're having issues with losing connection when waking from sleep. The following Knowledge Base article reviews some good steps to review in regards to troubleshooting Ethernet connectivity:

Mac OS X: Troubleshooting a cable modem, DSL, or LAN Internet connection

Additionally this article offers some additional steps to try in regards to sleep issues:

If your Mac doesn‘t sleep or wake when expected

If the previous steps don't work

These additional steps may help identify or resolve the issue:

• Reset the SMC.
  • Reset NVRAM.
  • Disconnect external devices other than your Apple keyboard, mouse, and display. If that resolves the issue, gradually reconnect your devices, testing each time, until you find the device that is interfering with sleep. Then check the documentation that came with the device, or contact the device manufacturer.
  • Start up in Safe Mode to see if the issue is related to non-Apple startup items, login items, or kernel extensions.
  • Try to isolate the issue by using another user account.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Computer loses network connection after sleep mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.