Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod 5g went into reboot loop after ios 9.2 update (error 9)

HI

My Ipod touch 5g once jailbroken on IOS 8.4 but updated to IOS 9.1 to remove the JB. Up until IOS 9.2 it worked fine. But when i updated to ios 9.2 i was using -Iempty and NDS4IOS) while it updated over night. When i woke up in the morning it was in a reboot loop. I've tried restoring via Itunes but i get error 9, I did what the Error supportpage said but it still won't work. I have also tried using redsn0w to get a custom firmware but nothing work's.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2, Stuck in reboot loop

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 9:55 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2016 10:29 AM in response to WafflyFever

Jailbreaking can cause problems as well as trying to update by other than iTunes (But when i updated to ios 9.2 i was using -Iempty and NDS4IOS)).

Jailbreaking voids the Apple warranty and also means that you will not get any support from Apple, including from this Apple forum. Jailbreaking can't be discussed in this Apple forum.

Unauthorized modification of iOS has been a major source of instability, disruption of services, and other issues

Ipod 5g went into reboot loop after ios 9.2 update (error 9)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.