Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the wifi could not be joined

when i try to join my home wifi it connect but after sbout 2-3 hours the internet stop and when i try to connect again it show the message in the photo

and doesn't connect and the wifi works perfect on other devices i teried every thing including changing the router it self User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 9:36 AM

5 replies

Jan 22, 2016 10:30 AM in response to amdgohary

Two things to try...

#1: Instead of joining it from the list, click the WiFi icon at the top, and click join other network. Fill in everything as needed.

#2: Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

10.5, 10.6, 10.7 & 10.8 & up…

System Preferences>Network, top of window>Locations>Edit Locations, little plus icon, give it a name.

10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x/10.8.x & up instructions...

System Preferences>Network, click on the little gear at the bottom next to the + & - icons, (unlock lock first if locked), choose Set Service Order.

The interface that connects to the Internet should be dragged to the top of the list.

Jan 23, 2016 10:25 AM in response to amdgohary

Another thing to try...

Go to System Preferences

Click Network

Highlight AirPort and click Configure, (might be Advanced in later OS versions)...

Choose “By default, join: Preferred networks”

Select your access point and Remove your access point with the minus ➖ button.

Launch your keychain access in Utilities and delete your access point keychain entry, looks for duplicates.

Reboot

Go back to the “By default, join:” page and click the plus ➕ this time to add your access point. Enter the correct password, save, reboot.

the wifi could not be joined

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.