Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 5th generation is not working with a new speaker dock but IPhone 5 is. Item is noted as compatible with IPod touch 5 gen.

My daughter's IPod touch 5th generation (IOS9 updated) is not working with her new speaker dock, which the box notes as being compatible. It is working with an IPhone 5 with IOS8 operating system. Her old one stopped working about a year ago and we thought it was the dock but again that has worked with IPhone today too. Can anyone help with how we can resolve it?

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 11:42 AM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2016 12:24 PM in response to mandyfromstaffordshire

Sometimes an iOS update breaks compatibility. That may be the case for you since the working phone has iOS 8 and the non-working iPod iOS 8. Try going to the dock manufacturers site. maybe there is a firmware update for the dock.

However, sometimes this works:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

My iPod touch 5th generation is not working with a new speaker dock but IPhone 5 is. Item is noted as compatible with IPod touch 5 gen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.