Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have downloaded itunes to my Windows 10 it is there but when I try to sync my IPhone 6 plus nothing happens no icon for my phone

Downloaded iTunes to laptop with Windows 10 operating system. ITunes is downloaded but when I tried to sync my I Phone 6 it cannot be found on the iTunes program. There was no icon at the top for my phone. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get your IPhone to sync with ITunes?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 10:17 AM

Try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices or Other Devices or as an MTB USB Device.
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

Or try iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Failing that try a full tear down and rebuild of iTunes as set out in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2016 10:17 AM in response to kwinters56

Try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices or Other Devices or as an MTB USB Device.
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

Or try iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Failing that try a full tear down and rebuild of iTunes as set out in Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

tt2

Jan 22, 2016 12:09 PM in response to turingtest2

I don't think you know what you're talking about necessarily. I downloaded and synced four of my 5 devices last night then went to bed. I got up after a Microsoft Windows Update last night and not a thing works today, all I get is a message saying "this will allow your computer to access videos and music' on the device and NONE of them will sync or connect now whereas everything was just fine yesterday.I see no reason to have to tear apart my OS when it is either Microsoft or Apple meddling. They need a quick update. I also cannot access any of my backups except to iCloud on the device itself.

Jan 22, 2016 12:43 PM in response to appalcarp

It is not Apple meddling, because Microsoft pushed garbage WHQL updates which broke your services. Despite all statements to contrary, Windows Automatic Updates on Macs cause havoc. You can see what was updated by looking at WindowsUpdate.log and see if you can roll them back manually.

Did you create a Windows System Restore point when all your devices were working? If yes, then roll back to that point, otherwise re-install BC drivers and disable Windows Automatic Updates.

Jan 22, 2016 3:40 PM in response to appalcarp

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

i have downloaded itunes to my Windows 10 it is there but when I try to sync my IPhone 6 plus nothing happens no icon for my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.