Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Battery Swollen/Exploded

A few days a go i was home alone in my bedroom and I heard a very loud bang in the living room. I thought something like a heavy book had fallen onto the floor though I couldn’t find anything. The next morning I realised my MacBook Pro battery had exploded forcing the bottom of the laptop to come away and pushed the trackpad up and out. The whole bottom of the laptop is huge and swollen! It doesn’t work at all.

I immediately rang Apple who confirmed this was nothing I could have done to prevent and it is fairly 'unusual’. The laptop was over £1200 and I did buy the additional apple care protection when I purchased it. This has now expired and Apple want me to pay to repair the damage their faulty battery has caused!

I am a very loyal Apple customer with an outrageous number of products so this news is devastating.

I can’t afford to repair it and my work depends on me using my laptop so I am not sure what to do at the moment.

There must be other people out there that have experienced their Apple products battery swelling/expanding/exploding.

I feel it is now my duty to warn as many people as possible about this secret Apple are trying to keep from the public. My 8 year old niece was on the laptop 2 days prior to the explosion with it just sitting on her lap. I dread to think what could have happened to her should it have exploded on her lap!

Had I known about this fault I would never have bought the MacBook Pro in the first place. We all are conned into trusting Apple through clever marketing but really are they any different to other PC suppliers?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010)

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 11:08 AM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2016 12:00 PM in response to Goldilocks11

I can’t afford to repair it and my work depends on me using my laptop so I am not sure what to do at the moment.

Out Of Warranty options:

How to save money on Mac repairs with your credit card’s extended warranty

Notify your Homeowners carrier & place a claim.

I feel it is now my duty to warn as many people as possible about this secret Apple are trying to keep from the public.

Not a secret. Never was. OGELTHORPE statement is right on. Also, read the "More Like This" linked postings to the left bottom of this website.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro Battery Swollen/Exploded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.