Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch 5th generation stuck in headphone mode?

So for a small while now my iPod Touch has been stuck in headphone mode. I ve searched for ages for solutions so I'm hoping someone on here could help! 🙂
Things tried so far:
- Unplugging and plugging headphones in multiple times.
- Resetting.
- Restoring to factory settings.
- Cleaning the jack. (With cotton bud and compressed air!)
Really would appreciate any help on this!

P.S. Just some extra info, sound will play on apps that seem to force it out of headphone mode, and alarms will play out loud! 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 10:59 AM

2 replies

Jan 22, 2016 12:27 PM in response to AprilMaryEunice

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so. There is a little switch in the headphone jack that disconnects the speaker when the headphone jack is inserted.

Fix for iphone Earphone Bug

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack or other hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Feb 10, 2016 12:30 PM in response to AprilMaryEunice

Update:

Thank you for the suggestion.

However, after literal months and months of nothing working and doing everything but taking it to the Genius Bar... it's suddenly working! I'm afraid I can offer no solution as to what got it working, as I was simply adjusting the volume while it was in my docking station and it was suddenly working again. I am not sure if it's the docking station that had some weird effect on it. If anyone is having the same problem and is curious as to what I tried then feel free to reply to this/message me! 🙂

Ipod Touch 5th generation stuck in headphone mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.