Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Garageband creates OS X GarageBand incompatible files

Here's my workflow: I concept and create initial tracks using iOS GarageBand on my iPad Pro, then import those files to OS X GarageBand for final instrumentation additions, drum track tweaks, editing, etc.

Here's the problem: Just updated to the latest iOS GarageBand (which I mostly love, especially the new instruments and editing options) and found that after I sent my iOS GB files to the desktop that the brand new instruments were not included in the package, so all of the nice new sounds are lost (I'm particularly taken with the new P-Bass).

So, my question for Apple: Where can we get all of the missing sounds for the desktop?

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, iPad Pro

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 3:31 PM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2016 2:32 PM in response to G-Music

I'm having the exact same issue, I have tried deleting and re-installing Garageband and time after time it just downloads the same files, then when I go to run the iOS project the loops and sounds aren't found error occurs. Kind of hoping the downloads just re-write each other or chances are i'll have about 40GB worth of useless Garageband files on my mac.

iOS Garageband creates OS X GarageBand incompatible files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.