Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the wifi password on Apple TV 4?

I changed my wifi password and when I go to wifi settings on Apple TV, the network is there but when I click on the network name nothing happens. It doesn't ask me for the new password. It's been half an hour and it still doesn't do anything. I tried doing a system restart and still nothing. How do I change the password so I can reconnect to my network? Is there a way to tell it to forget the network like on my iPad and iPhone?

(btw I changed the password to “************". I feel like the punchline of a cosmic joke. )

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Apple TV (4th generation), null

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 10:03 AM

If you go into settings and network then WiFi, then your network name, the next option is forget network on my AT4. If it is stuck at your network name try force quitting the settings app by double clicking the tv icon button and swiping up then relaunch settings.

Then try network again.

As a workaround if it still does not work, you could change your password back, have it forget the network, change the password, then reconnect.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2016 10:03 AM in response to midnyte12

If you go into settings and network then WiFi, then your network name, the next option is forget network on my AT4. If it is stuck at your network name try force quitting the settings app by double clicking the tv icon button and swiping up then relaunch settings.

Then try network again.

As a workaround if it still does not work, you could change your password back, have it forget the network, change the password, then reconnect.

How do I change the wifi password on Apple TV 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.