Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't seem to replace my take using Autopunch

My workflow is that I want to record over my last take (instead of accumulating takes) using Autopunch. I have the Replace button enabled in the Transport area and was expecting that to work. However, when I cycle back over what I just played Logic doesn't record over the take but just plays the take. I don't want to have to press R each time Autopunch cycles through. Using Logic Pro X 10.2.1. Thanks!

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 9:12 PM

I am having this same problem. A project I've been working on for weeks was going along smoothly until this last update. Right after this update the REPLACE function no longer works correctly. I've tried every combination under record options and nothing works.

Is there a way to revert back to the last version until this is fixed?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2016 9:12 PM in response to timbom

I am having this same problem. A project I've been working on for weeks was going along smoothly until this last update. Right after this update the REPLACE function no longer works correctly. I've tried every combination under record options and nothing works.

Jan 24, 2016 9:05 AM in response to Red Expendable

Yes, roll back to the previous version using your backups...

No backups? Lesson Learned...

In the meantime report the issue via the Feedback and Bug report form....

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Note: Im wondering if this issue is related to the fix in 10.2.1 that is described as thus;

When an Autopunch zone is set inside a larger Cycle zone, Logic no longer visually displays that it's still recording when the Playhead moves beyond the Autopunch boundary.

Can't seem to replace my take using Autopunch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.