Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 not charging

User uploaded file

So my iPhone 5 wont charge. It will just show the screen above. I cleaned it out and I brought a new cable but nothings changed. It was fine charging overnight but the phone was kind of warm when i woke up. Just normal use of the phone during the day (texting, news reading etc) and it got extremely hot. Its never happened before. I decided to drain the battery and let it cool down. It cooled down, plugged in the charger then that screen. Its been plugged in for the last 2 hours and i still get the same screen. Ive been thinking i would probably have to go and get the connector fixed

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 8:16 PM

4 replies

Jan 22, 2016 8:56 PM in response to ryanbainbutler

Hey I have the same problem. I'm quite angry at Apple. They gave me a new iPhone 5 around four months ago because they messed mine up at the Apple store. Okay fair enough, they mad the mistake and gave me a new one with the 90 day warranty. But then suddenly after around 4 months with a battery shaking problem (also very common with these poorly built devices) they apple store Genius said there was something wrong with the battery connectors or something and basically the phone is rendered useless. So basically Apple's own problem s left me with a phone that registers when it's plugged in (but will never turn on). These guys make so much net income and they can't just take one more squirt of adhesive for the battery. Sorry for ranting. I would take it in because there's a good chance it's hardware related.

iPhone 5 not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.