Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the video adapter not supported?

I remain baffled that, given that it will play videos, the lightning-to-HDMI adapter reports "accessory not supported" so I can't connect to a external display; and really, that postage-stamp of a screen is tough to watch anything with any detail.

Also, isn't it about time for a 32GB version? I have a lot of audio lectures, and I'm running out of room for my music. Good thing I don't have any videos on it…

iPod nano, iOS 1.x, 7-gen

Posted on Jan 22, 2016 11:17 PM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2016 12:05 AM in response to Jeff Mark

Probably because iPod nano does not support HD video playback. It has a "postage-stamp of a screen" for a reason. 😉 That adapter is meant for recent iOS devices, like iPhone and iPad.

Instead of waiting for a 32GB iPod nano, get the current 6th gen iPod touch (which is an iOS device). It goes all the way up to 128GB storage, does support HD video on a reasonable size screen, and works with that Lightning Digital AV Adapter.

Jan 23, 2016 12:39 AM in response to Jeff Mark

FYI - You can sometimes (when available) get the previous model iPod touch 32GB (5th gen) for $169 on the "special deals" page.

http://www.apple.com/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipod

That's only $20 more than retail price of current iPod nano. Yes, it is bigger, because it has a big-enough ("Retina") screen and A5 processor needed to play HD videos. But it's amazingly thin and light. I have a 5th gen iPod touch; it's not has fast as the current A8 (6th gen) model, but I think it does a good job of running the latest iOS. I watch Netflix and YouTube on it, and listen to streaming Apple Music.

Why is the video adapter not supported?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.