Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic update 10.2.1 Problem: Roland A-49 Keyboard Controller stop working

My Roland A-49 Keyboard Controller stop working after install Logic Pro X update 10.2.1

I get a message "Please Select MIDI CH.1..." but, even if I choose ch.1, it doesn't work (no MIDI action at all). Already uninstall and install Roland A-49 driver, but it doesn't help.

I found others with the same problem, but no solution yet.

Anyone with the same problem? Any solutions found?

Thanks!

MY MACHINE DETAILS

iMac 27-inch, MID 2010

OS X El Capitan 10.11.3

8Gb RAM

2,93 Intel QuadCore i7

SSD 256Gb

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Logic Pro X update 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 6:55 AM

OK, I just found a "workaround" for this (is not an official solution, but it works!)!

I found it at: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=625395#p625395

• You have to to open your FINDER app and go to: (you may copy this shortcut and past it in FINDER)
  • /Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MACore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MIDI Device Scripts/
    • Then, find the ROLAND directory and delete all files of your A-49 controller - files like ".device";
    • You may wanna backup them before delete, just in case you need it again;
    • If you programed some ASSIGNMENTS to the A-49 controller, you have to programa them again.

Here's the original article:

User uploaded file

10 replies
    Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2016 6:55 AM in response to rogeriovalgode

OK, I just found a "workaround" for this (is not an official solution, but it works!)!

I found it at: https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=625395#p625395

• You have to to open your FINDER app and go to: (you may copy this shortcut and past it in FINDER)
  • /Applications/Logic Pro X.app/Contents/Frameworks/MACore.framework/Versions/A/Resources/MIDI Device Scripts/
    • Then, find the ROLAND directory and delete all files of your A-49 controller - files like ".device";
    • You may wanna backup them before delete, just in case you need it again;
    • If you programed some ASSIGNMENTS to the A-49 controller, you have to programa them again.

Here's the original article:

User uploaded file

Jan 24, 2016 4:08 AM in response to Riggs9

I have the same problem with my M-Audio Oxygen 49. It works perfectly in MainStage3 and GarageBand, but Logic Pro X does not get any signals from it, with one exception: When the message "Changed number of MIDI inputs/outputs. Now 1 input and 1 output are available" shows after connecting the USB, if I push the message so that it pops up as a new message in the middle of the screen (saying exactly the same), Logic will read whatever I play. But the second I push "OK" on that message, the connection is shut.

Feb 1, 2016 8:14 AM in response to Feskos

Feskos wrote:

Did this, but no help. MIDI Monitor is confirming signals from the Keyboard Controller, but deleting the .device file did not help. What I find is that, I have to "Bypass all control surfaces" in the Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces menu, which is somewhat stupid. Hope there is a update to fix this soon.

Try deleting the CS (Control Surface) preference file and then set up your midi device again if needed...

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro X
    2. In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
    3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
    4. Press the Go button.
    5. Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro X User Manual for details on how to do this.
    6. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro X, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
    7. Restart the computer.

Note: If you cannot find any of the files listed above, you didn’t follow the instruction correctly! 🙂

Logic update 10.2.1 Problem: Roland A-49 Keyboard Controller stop working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.