Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

search not working 12.3.2.35

Search at ITunes Version 12.3.2.35 store not working on my Mac OS 10.10.5.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 8:59 AM

8 replies

Feb 14, 2016 5:40 AM in response to marsdenhartly

I did not noticed I had ticked "Library" under the search menu (click on the tooltip to make it appear). When this is checked, my search results are different as iTunes stops searching in the Group tags for example. This might be a "feature", and not a bug.

Nonetheless when "Library" was ticked I had this strange behaviour with the search results : if I searched for an album Name it would whow results, and then search for its Group name as well. As already reported a direct search on the Group name would yield no results in that case.

I finaly disabled iTunes store and Classification as I don't use them for simplification sake.

Feb 14, 2016 8:03 AM in response to tompei

With Search Entire Library checked results pop up in an overlay box for adding to up next or a playlist. With it unchecked the current view is filtered for tracks which contain the search term. If you don't get the results you are expecting switch to the songs view and make sure the field that has the data you are searching for is enabled. The list of enabled fields here controls the results regardless of which view you are in and what fields are visible when you search.

tt2

search not working 12.3.2.35

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.