Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please help. I have a disc stuck in Macbook Pro DVD drive!

Hello,

Today I was just inserting my Sims 3 Ambitions disc into my Macbook Pro's DVD drive when it didn't quite insert so I pushed it a little and it became stuck somehow.

The disc was stuck mostly in the drive with only a tip of the disc coming out. I attempted to push it back in and the disc disappeared into the drive. It seems to be in there but it will not show up on my laptop as in there.

I tried pressing eject but nothing happened and the eject symbol didn't even appear.

I tried restarting and holding down the trackpad (which usually works for me) but the drive just made a whirring sound and the DVD remained motionless in the drive

I tried typing drutil eject into the terminal but it also made the whirring sound but didn't move.

After trying these methods, I decided that the disc must be physically stuck. I tried the method mentioned on several websites where you insert a piece of card and slide it across until the disc pops out. This didn't work either.

I think I may have stuffed up my DVD drive now and am not sure how i am going to get that disc out.

Does anyone know another way to eject a dvd that is physically stuck?

-Anais

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 2:53 PM

3 replies

Jan 23, 2016 2:54 PM in response to Community User

Five ways to eject a stuck CD or DVD from the optical drive

Ejecting the stuck disc can usually be done in one of the following ways:

1. Restart the computer and after the chime press and hold down the

left mouse button until the disc ejects.

2. Press the Eject button on your keyboard.

3. Click on the Eject button in the menubar.

4. Press COMMAND-E.

5. If none of the above work try this: Open the Terminal application in

your Utilities folder. At the prompt enter or paste the following:

/usr/bin/drutil eject

If this fails then try this:

Boot the computer into Single-user Mode. At the prompt enter the same command as used above. To restart the computer enter "reboot" at the prompt without quotes.

Jan 23, 2016 2:58 PM in response to Kappy

I have tried all of these things but none of them have worked. It seems the disc is physically stuck in the DVD drive. My Macbook isn't even acknowledging that it is int he drive. Thank you for the response though.

Please help. I have a disc stuck in Macbook Pro DVD drive!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.