Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

beats studio wireless dropping bluetooth connectivity on IOS < v9.1

hi,

recently purchased a Beats Studio wireless it has been working great unitl I believe I upgraded my iphone 5 and Ipad mini2 to IOS v9.2. now it drops off Bluetooth pairing with my phone and ipad mini every-time I skip a song more recently. initially I believed it was an issue with the headphones so dropped it off at the apple store with the Geniuses advised them of the issue, replicated it with the Genius who was looking into my issue. however the headphone were returned in a week and the issue still prevails. whilst picking up the headphone when we realised the issue is still occurring the Genius tested it and advised I may need to reset my phone and ipad completely. had no luck after that too.. however noticed that on a new iphone 6s which still has ios v9.1 doesn't lose the BT connectivity with my beats headphone. now I am unsure if the issue is with the headphone or ios 9.2. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thank you.

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 6:06 PM

2 replies

Jan 23, 2016 6:54 PM in response to vishious

Hi There,

I have been doing some intensive research on this matter for the past couple of weeks now, you'll be glad to know you are not the only one and you are not loosing your mind, it is in fact a compatibility issue in IOS 9.2/9.2.1 and beats firmware 1.1.12, they fixed the issue in an update for the beats in 2.1.8 however the issue being earlier headset will not pull this update and say they are up to date on 1.1.12 which leaves us stuck with the bug, I have found a fix for this but it involves updating your phone to IOS 9.3 (publoc beta)

have a look at this thread Beats studio wireless keeps disconnecting I have been managing it explains it more in full detail my research over the past couple of weeks, also the instruction for the fix at the very end of the thread.

cheers,

Jason.

Feb 13, 2016 12:12 AM in response to Jasongalliuk

Had the same exact proble, called Apple who tried to convince me my headphones were the problem even after I told them they work perfectly fine on an older iPhone 4 running iOS 7. Beta Version 9.3 corrects the Bluetooth connection problems with Studio Wireless. Called the Tech Support 3 times and NO ONE could help. The first person I talked to me Apple didn't even think it was a problem and the second suggested I pay a fee to return them for a new pair. Only the 3rd rep admitted they had connection problems with iOS 9.2.

Thanks for suggesting 9.3 Beta because who knows how many Studio users returned the headphones to Apple at a cost of $199.00

beats studio wireless dropping bluetooth connectivity on IOS < v9.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.