Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how i can undo remove device from find my iphone?

how i can undo remove device from find my iphone? i remove it but forget to erase. my phone was lost....i want to erase data. how i can do

iPhone 5, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 8:41 PM

Unless you erased it before you removed it from iCloud, the device will still be Activation Locked. So, if and when it does come back online, I would recommend that you don't erase it and then remove it from your account. That would be like handing the phone to whomever has it and giving them a free phone. You can erase it and leave it on your Find My iPhone account, and the Activation Lock will still be in place. You won't be able to track it, but it will still be unusable for anyone who tries to restore it:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2016 8:41 PM in response to sirirath

Unless you erased it before you removed it from iCloud, the device will still be Activation Locked. So, if and when it does come back online, I would recommend that you don't erase it and then remove it from your account. That would be like handing the phone to whomever has it and giving them a free phone. You can erase it and leave it on your Find My iPhone account, and the Activation Lock will still be in place. You won't be able to track it, but it will still be unusable for anyone who tries to restore it:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Jan 23, 2016 8:45 PM in response to KiltedTim

It will reconnect to the iCloud account once it comes back online, and if someone tries to restore it while it is offline, the iCloud account will still be signed in and the device will not be able to be restored without the iCloud ID and password that the device is Activation Locked to. The order that the Erase and Remove steps is what is critical here, I believe.

GB

how i can undo remove device from find my iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.