Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 with iOS 9.2.1 music library fails to complete load from MBP over WiFi. It only fills the quadrant from 0 to 0300 then reverts to the local library after 3 hours!

iPad 2 (2015) with iOS 9.2.1 music library painfully slow to complete load or fails from MBP over WiFi.

It only fills the quadrant from 0 to 0300 then reverts to the local library after about 2 hours if it has failed.

It was slooow with the previous iOS but this is unacceptable.

In addition to sometimes never completing the load (yes it is shared else iI guess sit wouldn't even attempt the load), I have never understood why it has to repeat the entire library load every time I try to use my shared library?

My iTunes Library has 10,500 songs, 876 movies (which I assume that Music does not access?) and 977 TV shows (same?).

My MBP is :- MacBookPro5,4 (2009 bought from Apple, refurbed, 2011); Memory 4GB

runs OSX El Capitan vn. 10.11.2

Wi-Fi is from an Airport Extreme 802.11n (4th Gen.) and has no problems running my A/P Express for playing music or my Apple TV (3rd Gen). for videos or music.

I am at a loss and frustrated, hence the "winge-o-gram" - ideas please?

TerryB, Northumberland, England

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 1:45 AM

There are no replies.

iPad 2 with iOS 9.2.1 music library fails to complete load from MBP over WiFi. It only fills the quadrant from 0 to 0300 then reverts to the local library after 3 hours!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.