Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 wifi problems since update to iOS 9.2.1. Message says password is incorrect.

since I updated my iPhone 6 to iOS 9.2.1 I have not been able to reconnect to my home wifi. I have checked router- all other devices are connected. I have ' forget network' and then tried to reconnect. I have reset network settings. I have closed wifi networking. What else can I do besides total reset.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 6:58 PM

5 replies

Jan 25, 2016 1:08 PM in response to Hjanecoward

I Do the same. I reset my network settings and wifi seems more stable.However i have trouble with specific wifi on a cafe , where my wifi forgets always the password and always disconnects. I'm sure tha cafes wifi have not problem because my second smartphone (Samsung grand prime)connected perfectly .

i like apple but sometimes makes me disappointed. It's not fare to pay so much money and have problems such us wifi the same time other cheap phones have not similar poor problems !!

Feb 11, 2016 12:51 AM in response to Hjanecoward

Same here with my iPhone 5.

With iOS 9.2.1 I faced random Wi-Fi disconnecting or such situations, that the Wi-Fi icon in status bar is on, but I've still got no Internet connection. When I try to load simple web pages it takes much longer, than usually. And Apple Music is not playing not downloaded tracks at all. The only temporary solution, that helps is simply rebooting the device. But sometimes this issue happens several times per day and it frustrates me a lot.

I've tried resetting the network settings, but that didn't help. Turning off Wi-Fi assist didn't help either. This issue does not seem to depend on a Wi-Fi router as well - it happened when iPhone was connected to the latest Airport Express, MikroTik and TP-Link models.

Also, loosing connection randomly with Apple Watch via bluetooth is another problem. I tried repairing and resetting the Watch, but nothing helped.

iPhone 6 wifi problems since update to iOS 9.2.1. Message says password is incorrect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.