Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I fix Game Center on iOS 9.2.1?

I've been having issues with Game Center on my iPhone 6 128GB running iOS 9.2.1.

Game Center does not track progress in any of the games that use it and attempting to enter Settings > Game Center crashes the Settings app. I also no longer receive any Game Center notifications on my iPhone.

I have tried restarting my iPhone, restoring my iPhone, messing with the Date & Time settings (Turning off "Set Automatically", changing the time, and restarting), and none of those have worked.

I'm at a loss at how to fix this. Game Center is working on my iPad and Apple TV 4th Generation without issue.

Thanks for any help given.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2016 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 1:22 PM

I have a temporary fix, however this problem will return after a while.

(Took from a Reddit post).

– close all running apps – go into airplane mode – power off the device – power on the device – go to settings -> game center and log out of the game center. For me this was not previously accessible – disable airplane mode and enable wifi – log back into gamecenter from settings->game center

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2016 1:22 PM in response to DimerHunton

I have a temporary fix, however this problem will return after a while.

(Took from a Reddit post).

– close all running apps – go into airplane mode – power off the device – power on the device – go to settings -> game center and log out of the game center. For me this was not previously accessible – disable airplane mode and enable wifi – log back into gamecenter from settings->game center

Feb 26, 2016 5:35 PM in response to DimerHunton

Attempting to use the airplane-mode -> close all apps -> turn off device -> turn on -> log out of gamecenter -> etc. method led me to a perpetually loading response to attempting to log out, which never led to it working. To fix this, I found a slightly different method worked for me. Airplane-mode -> close all apps -> turn off device -> turn on device -> go to settings -> OPEN gamecenter in settings, but don't press any buttons in it -> turn off airplane mode with the switch-thingy at the top of the scroller -> THEN log out of gamecenter. If it worked for you as it did me, it should eventually stop loading the logout, at which point it's safe enough to log back in as normal, and continue use as normal.

How can I fix Game Center on iOS 9.2.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.