Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I Fix my iPod with a black unresponsive screen and a broken home button?

Hello, my iPod was working fine and then as I was closing out apps, it froze up on me so I turned it off with the power button. I'ver done this before, and there weren't any problems, but this time when I tried to turn it back on the screen stayed black. At first i thought the iPod shut off, but then someone called me and I could hear the ringtone clearly. I can't force it to restart because my home button is broken unfortunately, and I don't know what to do anymore. I tired to open iTunes, and restore out, but apparently I have to turn off Find My iPod, which I can't do since the screen is black and doesn't respond to anything. Please, if anyone can help, I really would appreciate it.

iPod touch, iOS 9.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 1:41 AM

1 reply

How can I Fix my iPod with a black unresponsive screen and a broken home button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.