Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FTP Access on OSX Server via a browser

I have a number of ftp clients set up which can succesfully upload/download files using ftp client software (Fetch/Easy FTP).

I have a windows user who wants to upload his stuff via ftp in his web browser (IE presumably).

Not had any success (Guest access is disabled) with his account settings in browser though I can get in using same settings in ftp client.

Is this possible with the built in ftp element of OSX Server without having to install something like Rumpus?

G5 Dual 2gig, Mac OS X (10.3)

Posted on Nov 22, 2006 8:19 AM

2 replies

Nov 22, 2006 10:18 AM in response to Graeme Jervis2

IE is the only browser I know of that supports FTP upload via the web browser window. Most Mac browsers that I'm aware of simply pass the FTP connection off to the Finder to deal with.

The Finder, of course, doesn't support FTP upload.

So unless your clients are comfortable working in the command line, you're going to need some additional software. That software could be as simple as an AppleScript application that performs the upload, but you're going to need something.

FTP Access on OSX Server via a browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.