Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air 2 (Wifi only) having Internet problems on iOS 9.2.1

Upgraded to iOS 9.2.1 on an iPad Air 2 a couple of days ago, and the Internet/WifI is not working. I've ever come across this issue before. Safari works fine, apart from giving the following message every now and then:

Cannot Verify Server Identity

The identity of "some website" cannot be verified. Review the certificate details to continue.

Other apps such as App Store, iTunes, iBooks, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram, Mail, Maps, and News do not work. One Wifi-required game (Blooms TD Battles) did work.

So far, I have tried resetting network settings, and "force restarted" the iPad by holding down the power button and home button at the same time.

Before I wipe the iPad and restore it to factory default, I'd like to see if anyone else had had the same issue and/or knows a solution.

I don't know if it matters, but the iPad was bought in Japan brand new in December, but is being used in Australia. I feel the problem only occurred after the iOS 9.2.1 update though. Funnily, my iPad 2 (not Air) is running the same iOS version perfectly (no Internet/Wifi issues).

iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 3:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 4:08 AM

Is date, time ad time zone correct? If not you will get errors like you listed.

4 replies

May 5, 2016 12:23 PM in response to atcphoto

I have been down this pathway, except that Safari doesn't work either. I even took the thing to a "MacMan" store (I live too far from a "genius bar"). He played around with it for awhile, remarked at how slowly it rebooted after a soft reset, and suggested that I return it to factory defaults.

Here's the problem: I am not allowed to return it to factory defaults until I verify my Apple ID. And I can't verify my Apple ID because the thing is unable to connect to the internet, either through my perfectly functioning wifi or with cellular. That has me puzzled -- the very reason I need to reset it to factory default is also the reason I cannot reset it to factory default.

It's on the shelf. Life's too short. If I ever have a very good reason to travel to a city large enough to have an Apple store, I will drag it along.

iPad Air 2 (Wifi only) having Internet problems on iOS 9.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.