Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chapter markers not showing up

So for some reason my new 4th Gen Apple TV doesn't seem to recognize chapter markers on videos I've encoded in Handbrake. If I open the file in Quicktime the chapters show up fine. On my 3rd Gen and 2nd Gen Apple TV they show up as well. But for some reason the 4th Gen doesn't recognize them.

I have other files that do seem to work, but those were converted from MKVs using iFlicks. So I'm not sure if it's something weird with how Handbrake encodes the markers or what.

Apple TV, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 6:59 AM

Make sure you have given the chapter track a language.

17 replies

Feb 4, 2016 4:35 PM in response to Protodd

Thank you Protodd. I am reading through the release notes and except for an issue with ATV4G not being able to play a file with no chapters, there is no mention of why the chapters that are tagged via MetaX do not show up in tvOS.

I am unable to find a metadata editor like Subler which allows for the assigning of language to the Chapters track.

Chapter markers not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.