Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 installed successfully on early 2009 Mac Pro Quad but no networks detected

I installed Windows 81 Enterprise on my Mac Pro without issue, using the Edimax EW-7711MAC WiFi adapter from OWX, which ran fine under 8.1.

I upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise, runs fine, "sfc/ scannow" resulted in no errors, but the WiFi adapter only has a beta Win 10 driver, and I cannot detect any networks. The driver has been out since August, seems if it was an issues, it would have been pulled, and Edimax support did not indicate any major issue with the beta driver to me. I did have to run some commands to get the adapter visible.

Unsure if it's a deficiency in Bootcamp drivers as I have lost scroll and Windows keyboard functions or the beta driver for the WiFi adapter is at fault.

Device Manager sees the adapter, shows in Adapters in Control Panel, just no networks are detected.

What version of Bootcamp drivers can I use with an Early 2009 Mac Pro Quad to work with Windows 10? I have seen a few "hacks" on the boards, mostly for Macbook Pro. Curious if anyone has found a driver combination that works with this model or like.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

VIN,Mac Pro (Early 2009), Windows 10, null

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 8:33 AM

11 replies

Jan 25, 2016 9:41 AM in response to Loner T

None. A co-worker did point out this install method for the Win 10 beta driver I overlooked:

http://www.edimax.com/edimax/mw/cufiles/files/faq/Wireless/Win10_installation_in struction/How_to_Install_EW-7711ULC_Driver_on_Windows_10.pdfhttp://

I will uninstall current Edimax driver, follow the previous MSFT KB how to provided by Edimax, install the Win 10 beta driver the correct way, report back.

Windows 10 installed successfully on early 2009 Mac Pro Quad but no networks detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.