Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forward iMessage by email using Mac?

Is there any way that I can automatically forward an iMessage message received on a Mac to an email address?

I am guessing that because iMessage notifications are displayed in the notification centre, it must be possible for an app to at least forward the notification to an email address.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 11:14 AM

1 reply

Jan 25, 2016 12:45 PM in response to Retty

Hi,

In the Messages app > Preferences > General Section > AppleScript drop down use the Open Scripts Folder option.

User uploaded file

Once there you can open the Speak Events one as this will be the closest starting point to what you want to do.

(my List includes some older ones I used in iChat)

In broad terms you need to Copy the Script so that you don't lose the Original.

Change the name of the Copy version.

Then it needs to be altered so that it calls the Mail App and sends the contents of the message to the Email address you want it to go to.

The Buddy List Status Messages that shows what is Playing in iTunes is also an AppleScript. (finding it is an issue) However it does tell you how one app can access another.

Asking further questions here may help Mac OS X Technologies

User uploaded file

8:45 pm Monday; January 25, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

Forward iMessage by email using Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.