Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find Network El Capitan

Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro and running El Capitan and I cannot see or find a network here at home. It is a wireless Synology DS213 drive which I want to transfer files to and from and it connects fine to my flatmates MacBook Air but I cannot see it in my airport nor in the finder sidebar... I found advice telling me to change airport channels but airport utility on El Capitan gives zero possibility of altering anything.. Please help. Thank you...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 11:06 AM

13 replies

Jan 26, 2016 12:04 AM in response to Sundance-Kid

Héllo a tous , l'arreter info !! c'est pas grave , dit rien info , alors pas facile pour macbookpro 13 pouces 2012 AVEC DVD Mauvaise internet wi-fi ça marche à pas trop faible . alors mieux macbook pro Rétina le Nouveau bien sur .

Traduction anglais :

Hello has all, to stop it information!! it is thenserious, known as nothing information, not easyfor macbookpro 13 inches 2012 WITH DVD Bad+ Internet wi-fi it goes to too weak step. thenbetter macbook pro Rétina the New one of course.

Jan 26, 2016 8:20 AM in response to Sundance-Kid

If your flatmate's computer can see it, you should be able to see it.

So-called Wireless devices, be they Printers, wireless NAS devices, or anything else communicate with your Wireless Access Point (router) they do not start it own Network, and you do not talk to them directly, only through the Access Point. So the only requirement SHOULD be that you are connected (by any medium) to the same Home Network your flatmate is using.

The only thing I can suggest is to make a list of the differences between his setup and yours, and see if something jumps out at you.

Are you using the same Network, or has something wandered over to a neighbor's Network?

If you turn on File Sharing on both computers, can each computer see the other?

Are you using the same version of Mac OS X? Which versions?

Are there extra Drivers loaded on his Mac that you do not have? or the reverse?

Feb 6, 2016 1:03 PM in response to C1MKC1E1DTY3

MacBook pro 13 inch is better dvd with possible i-Retina of grant offiecielle! or repaired new if payroll wow possible apple to change iv - dvd.!! MacBook pro 13 pouces est meilleur dvd avec possible i-rétine de subvention offiecielle ! ou réparé de nouveau si paie wow apple possible pour changer iv - dvd. ? Futur c'est vrai Apple sur promis wwdc = https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_OS_X_Lion ? Aussi

Introducing OS X El Capitan Wow 2016 .

Cannot find Network El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.