Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hitfilm?

I had Motion 4 with FCP. I loved using it. How does it compare to Hitfilm 4 Pro (a $300 app). For $50, you can't go wrong. I'm on a early 2011 17" MBP.

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 11:02 AM

3 replies

Jan 24, 2016 11:41 PM in response to FCPeditor

FCPeditor wrote:

… How does it compare to Hitfilm 4 Pro …

guess, you very rarely will find anybody using both … 😉

The main USP (marketing lingo) of Hitfilm is its integration of '3D'… all demoes focus on that, promising 'Hollywood' for a shoestring budget. I don't doubt, such effects are possible - but not 'one click only'.

You need very elaborated 3D.obj files, you need high skills in setting 'virtual' light to compo CGI and reality - and finally, to handle and render such projects a beast of a computer. Motion offers out-of-the-box 'just' 3D titles; with the help of mObjects, a 70$ plug-in, you can handle obj too ...

The main advantage of M5 and FCPX are its to-the-max integration into MacOS and Mac-hardware. The usual benchmarks fail in measuring that, have a look at BruceX , the only valuable speed-test. My tiny MacMini, by benchmarks a better pocket-calculator, handles 4k-streams...... I dare to say, none of the demoes shown on HFs website would be handled by your system....

summarize:

too much razzle-dazzle; the talent sits in front of the screen, not behind it …………

Jan 25, 2016 10:06 PM in response to FCPeditor

FCPeditor wrote:

I downloaded the demo. There are TONS of HF tutorials on YouTube. Way more than Motion. Its pretty cool.…

if it's 'cool', what advice you're looking for? 😉

and to find filters, Motion has a Search field…

or have a look in the Manual

https://help.apple.com/motion/mac/5.0/en/motion/usermanual/index.html#chapter=19 %26section=0

Hitfilm?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.