Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Win 10 'Treshold 2' very high cpu usage by 'System and compressed memory' process

I did a clean install of Windows 10 Treshold 2 (aka version 1511) on my 2015 15" MBP and I ran into a problem. Well two actually:

1. The Realtek driver installation hangs when installing the BC support software. This is easily fixed by killing the RealtekSetup.exe process.

2. The process "System and Compressed Memory" now continuously uses one of the eight cores which ruins battery life. I had to actually change the power plan in Windows to allow the CPU to only go to 60% maximum frequency.

From some googling I gathered many are suffering from this problem on other brands and it's usually related to a bad driver. I haven't been able to find the culprit yet unfortunately.

Now here's my question: is anyone suffering from this issue as well and if so where you able to solve it?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 11:53 AM

Try sleep/wake or hibernate.

18 replies

Jan 26, 2016 12:35 AM in response to Loner T

I have done a bit more digging and found the Intel Graphics Driver to be the culprit.

I made sure I deleted my known wireless networks to prevent Windows from auto-updating and then uninstalled the driver with Revo Uninstaller. The system then reverts to the Microsoft driver and the issue is gone, even after shutdown and reboot.

The problem is: as soon as you go online Windows starts installing that bugged Intel Driver again so it's back to the sleep / wake trick.

The Microsoft driver also doesn't allow changing resolution or anything else.

So I guess I should take this to the Intel forum?

Win 10 'Treshold 2' very high cpu usage by 'System and compressed memory' process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.