Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my Iphone 6s saying that I used 44.59gb of documents and data when I haven't? Recently updated to iOS 9.2.1 and having problems.

I purchased the newest Iphone 6s with 64gb of storage in December. A couple of days ago I updated to iOS 9.2.1 and I got a notification the next day saying that my storage was almost full. I was shocked because I haven't even used half of the 64gb and before I updated to the most recent update everything was working fine. Also, on a side note game center is not working and when I try to open the app it is just a blank screen and when I go into to settings to click on the game center icon it doesnt even open.

Getting back to the storage problem, I didnt even use a lot of my storage up. Look at the photo for reference. This photo was taken after I updated.User uploaded file

So I am very confused right now with my phone and I only got it a month ago and this is already happening. It doesnt make sense for me to have only 4.84 gb free. I used 6.76 gb on apps, and I have 20 apps and I can understand that but where is this other 44gb coming from?

Why does it say that I used 44.59gb of documents and data when I haven't? Could this be a glitch due to updating to iOS 9.2.1?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 3:02 PM

35 replies

Jan 24, 2016 3:19 PM in response to BradCalifornia15

BradCalifornia15 wrote:

So I am very confused right now with my phone and I only got it a month ago and this is already happening. It doesnt make sense for me to have only 4.84 gb free. I used 6.76 gb on apps, and I have 20 apps and I can understand that but where is this other 44gb coming from?

Why does it say that I used 44.59gb of documents and data when I haven't? Could this be a glitch due to updating to iOS 9.2.1?

Connect your phone to your computer's iTunes and see what the capacity bar at the bottom of the screen shows for storage. You may have a large amount of "other" data which could indicate a corrupt sync or a corrupt update. If you backed up with iTunes before you updated, try restoring from the backup.

Take a look at Kappy's user tip.

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Jan 24, 2016 5:31 PM in response to BradCalifornia15

BradCalifornia15 wrote:

I purchased the newest Iphone 6s with 64gb of storage in December. A couple of days ago I updated to iOS 9.2.1 and I got a notification the next day saying that my storage was almost full. I was shocked because I haven't even used half of the 64gb and before I updated to the most recent update everything was working fine. Also, on a side note game center is not working and when I try to open the app it is just a blank screen and when I go into to settings to click on the game center icon it doesnt even open.

Getting back to the storage problem, I didnt even use a lot of my storage up. Look at the photo for reference. This photo was taken after I updated.

Tap on the first "Manage Storage" and it will list every app and how much storage it is using. By tapping on an app it will show the allocation in Documents & Data for that app.

Why is my Iphone 6s saying that I used 44.59gb of documents and data when I haven't? Recently updated to iOS 9.2.1 and having problems.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.