Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 9.2.1 wont receive yahoo email

Shortly after installing ios 9.2.1, my iPhone 6 plus cannot receive any yahoo emails. (Prior to this it was working fine for over a year.) My gmail works fine. I called Apple and they don't have a clue. They told me to backup my phone and restore it and that had no effect. I did it three times and lost half of my apps when it restored and still my yahoo is not working from the phone app.

I had to download the YAHOO APP in order for it to receive emails in the yahoo app only. Please help I've been working on this for 3 days while I'm snowed in by BLIZZARD JONAS in NJ. Thank you.

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 7:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2016 6:56 AM

I am also having the same issue after I updated ios 9.2.1 .Yahoo Mail is not working.

17 replies

Feb 1, 2016 9:27 AM in response to marcam

TThis is happening to me as well except I have Gmail & Outlook. I had to download the actual app in order to get my notification. I have done everything I could think of. Before my phone was stolen, everything was fine with that 6 plus and then I bought another 6 plus and now I'm having problems. My husband is having those problems now too. I have 6 email accounts and I need to be notified when I get an email. I don't want to use the app I want to use the app that come with the phone. i only get the emails when I open the app.

Feb 2, 2016 5:22 PM in response to marcam

I'm also having this issue with Yahoo and the native iOS mail app. All folders sync without problems except for the Inbox, very frustrating. My Inbox remains empty on my iPhone 6, but Inbox works fine on my Macbook. I've had this problem since December. Definitely a Yahoo issue and not an Apple one. Hope someone figures out this problem soon!

Feb 4, 2016 4:35 AM in response to rbbrbnd_trn

I've been on the phone with Apple for days! Lol. I restored my iPhone the other day and my Gmail worked for like 5 minutes and then stopped. When I talked to the guy he said that Gmail doesn't have push notification settings. My college email does just fine because it's Outlook/Exchange. I agree that it is a Gmail/Yahoo deal. Maybe someone should say something to the email provider?

Feb 10, 2016 7:22 PM in response to Vikisingh

Mine too. Just now. So bizarre! I was thinking maybe it was the iCloud server, but I hadnt turned turned it off yet. The only thing I did apart from all the other suggestions was to move most of my inbox mails to another folder. however nothing changed until now. Do you all have an iCloud server? what about a large amount of mails in your inbox? I hope we can find the source of this issue.

Feb 10, 2016 8:06 PM in response to Vikisingh

Just before you wrote me now, I happened to notice when I accidentally deleted an important email and when I returned or moved it back from my trash bin to my in box while using the apple app, it also moved a bunch of my other in-box emails with it too (in the Apple in box of yahoo mail).

However, I did notice that NOT ALL of my yahoo in-box mails have moved, there still remains the last one that did not go into the Apple app yahoo in-box and this same thing keeps happening every time a bunch of emails are loaded to the in box. The last one does not go into the apple app in-box but remains in the yahoo app in-box. Hopefully, I did not totally confuse everybody here if you know what I mean.

Feb 19, 2016 7:21 PM in response to Vikisingh

I got your message Buddy. Apple tells me they checked everything out and it's not their problem because they didn't do anything from their end. They're blaming Yahoo and telling me to try to get them to fix it. Now my iPhone app still doesn't work so they basically wasted my time by not confronting Yahoo themselves with the problem and forcing them to fix it.

See if you have any luck at contacting Yahoo because I can't get any response from them. It looks like they want people to use their app with their advertisements and they could care less about Apple because their Yahoo app is downloaded on ALL brands of phones and comes with their advertisements that you cant get rid of, just like on your laptop or desktop of Yahoo's main website, so they WIN!!!

I have threatened them that if they don't fix it that I will start using Gmail as my main mail and DISCONTINUE Yahoo altogether and tell my 500 PLUS followers to do the same. Let me know if you have any LUCK.

Feb 20, 2016 1:12 AM in response to alexander_gerber

Hello together

Now my solution for this problem:

- Delete your existing e-mail account.

- Add a new account (Not over yahoo! button. Take the last option "others"

- Type in your credentials for yahoo Mail Account

- Server for incoming mails: imap.mail.yahoo.com / server for outgoing mails: smtp.mail.yahoo.com, SSL: YES, Port: 587

With this configuration my yahoo account works without any problems. Check it out. Hope this will help you.

regards,

alexander

Feb 21, 2016 3:15 PM in response to alexander_gerber

Hello Alexander,

I did NOT implement your suggestion because I wanted a REAL FIX from Apple or Yahoo. I wanted them to work it out with each other or if NOT they would start to LOSE REAL customers like my followers and me. (some 500 plus people and who knows how many others they would stand to lose.)

By the way, as of TODAY, my problem has been solved by them both and everything is working fine just as from before installing ios 9.2.1.

Try your phone now to see if I'm right. thank you. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! I suggest that EVERYONE on this page try their phone now to see if this problem has been fixed for EVERYONE!!

Feb 23, 2016 1:59 PM in response to marcam

Hello Alexander,

I did NOT implement your suggestion because I wanted a REAL FIX from Apple or Yahoo. I wanted them to work it out with each other or if NOT they would start to LOSE REAL customers like my followers and me. (some 500 plus people and who knows how many others they would stand to lose.)

By the way, as of TODAY (2/21/2016), my problem has been solved by them both and everything is working fine just as from before installing ios 9.2.1.

Try your phone now to see if I'm right. thank you. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!! I suggest that EVERYONE on this page try their phone now to see if this problem has been fixed for EVERYONE!!

To EVERYONE on this post:

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOVLED CORRECTLY by the party or parties that caused it!! No temporary fix required, resume as normal.

Thank you.

ios 9.2.1 wont receive yahoo email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.