Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does it mean if a SD or SIM card is missing in iphone 6s?

I am looking to purchase a new or used iphone 6s from a private seller. The description of this product lists the following notice: "Phone does not come with SD or SIM card where applicable."

After googling for a while, I cannot find a clear answer to what the function of the SD or SIM card does. I wasn't aware that internal iphone hardware could be removed, which only furthers my confusion.

1) What does the SD Sim Card in iphone 6s do?

2) If it is missing from a phone, can I still connect it to my current Sprint network?

3) What is at risk for a missing SD or Sim Card?

Please help, tech users! I would really appreciate a clear and thorough explanation. Answer as if you're explaining this to someone who is unfamiliar with phone tech, account set up, cloud interface, etc. I need to make a wise purchase, so I am depending on your expertise!

Thanks.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 11:39 PM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2016 11:57 PM in response to UrbaniteOwl

The memory of the internal hard drive of the phone can't be changed by adding a memory via a SD card. Android phones have this option, if the size of the built in HD is not that big.

That's why you should buy the iPhone model that will also be good for you in the future use, in case you will need more space for data on your device, you can't add that afterwards. Especially if you are planing to take a lot of photos or videos or use 3rd party apps that have to download data onto your phone to be used offline, for example apps to navigate.

What does it mean if a SD or SIM card is missing in iphone 6s?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.