Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally hit "solved" button when issue wasn't fixed so I will re-post

Hello again

I recently asked a question and was happy to receive a reply so quickly, however it was my first time using the Apple support community discussion format . After reading the suggested solution, in my attempt to reply, I hit the solved button in error but the suggestion I received didn't resolve my problem - but I do appreciate the suggestion. When I figured out that it appeared my problem was solved but really wasn't , there was no way to undo that so I'll pose my question again.

I receive a message saying my iOS crashed by third party and need to call phone number to fix. I am locked on that page and no matter what I do, message keeps flashing. I did try swiping up to close screen and also powered iPad off but that didn't help....I was brought right back to the same message. I was using Google Chrome browser not safari unfortunately. I have read discussions about other people who have had the exact problem however, they were using safari browser. There seems to be a way to fix it if using safari but I couldn't find any resolutions for the problem when using Chrome. I do understand from reading the discussions that this message is a scam and I know not to call the phone number.

I would be very grateful and appreciative if someone could help me fix this!

Thank you so much !!

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 9:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2016 11:23 PM

Delete and redownload Chrome.

(138790)

18 replies

Jan 29, 2016 11:23 PM in response to Manxkats2000

Since you're new I'll expand on Niel's answer. To delete the Google Chrome app hold it's icon on the Home screen until it wigglles. Then tap the tiny x. Tap the Home button to stop the wiggling. To redownload go to he App Store. At the bottom of the screen tap purchased. Look for the Goole Chrome app then tap the tiny cloud with a down arrow.

Jan 29, 2016 11:53 PM in response to bobseufert

Hello once again bobseufert

You are so kind for helping me out- it's really great to have people out there that are so willing to take their time to help and share information with other users - especially the new ones like me. I truly appreciate any opportunity to educate myself on this lovely new iPad as I am sure there is a lot that can be done on his device and I want to take advantage of it as much as I can.

I am looking forward to checking out that user guide and I thank you so much for sending me the link ! Also thanks for making me feel ok about not being able to respond sooner - that was so nice of you.

Take care !

Feb 5, 2016 12:03 AM in response to bobseufert

I have tried to hit the "star- this helped me" but I can't seem to digure it out.... how hard can it be, what the heck am I missing. Been sitting here pressing madly on these "stars" so I can confirm that your reply helped me but to no avail ?? Help ...

I'm starting to feel a little bit silly that I can't figure out something that seems pretty basic- like pushing a darn button

But regardless, I thank you once again for your help !!

Feb 10, 2016 3:13 PM in response to bobseufert

In response to bobseufert, once again, thank you for your comment, you have put my mind at ease.

However I had no idea the number of emails I would be receiving telling me I need let people know if their suggestions helped me and unfortunately they have left me feeling a tad overwhelmed....yes I am way too sensitive 🙂 because I can't seem to fix it !

I have tried again to hit the "This helped me" but nothing happens.....grrrrr. So I decided that as much as I truly appreciate that there are so many people willing to help, I think its better I sign off the forum for now as I'm allowing those emails to stress me into thinking that I am not being a "polite and appreciative " participant. I'm letting it take some of the joy of having an iPad away from me- again I'm over-sensitive probably because I'm new and I generally have no problems with understanding technology.

For now I'll stick to the manual you so kindly sent me the link for and get myself educated a bit more so I can feel more comfortable participating in this forum.

Till then, thank you for your help, kindness and especially for letting me know how glitchy this can be 🙂

Take care !

Accidentally hit "solved" button when issue wasn't fixed so I will re-post

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.