Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an old iPod. How do I transfer my music from my iPod to my new computer so I can get the music on my new iPod?

I have an old iPod. How do I transfer my music from my iPod to my new computer so I can get the music on my new iPod?

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 8:59 PM

9 replies

Apr 20, 2016 11:07 AM in response to judysings

Hello Judy: I have a reverse problem....I have an old I Pod version 1.3 round dial in middle. I have a new Mac Mini and new songs in my I tunes. When i plug the usb into the computer and then into the I Pod, it does not "see" the I Pod. I called up Apple and they said that the new Mac Mini is not compatible with the old I pod 1.3. I love my I pod and would like to have all my songs transferred from the mac mini to my I pod. Can you suggest how to accomplish this? Thanks: Larry......

<E-mail Edited by Host>

Apr 20, 2016 9:03 PM in response to nypdbluetpd

The Apple customer support rep is wrong. I have several old iPods (including the very first iPod), and they all work fine with my 2011 Mac mini, running the latest OS X and iTunes.

"Version 1.3" is for the software on the iPod. It does not specifically identify the iPod model. All the old ones have a "round dial on the middle." 🙂 Can you find your iPod model on this document? (or describe it in more detail)

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

Depending on the model, you may need to connect the iPod in a specific way. If your iPod is really old, it may need a FireWire port, instead of a USB port. Also, do an About This Mac (from the Apple menu). What does it call your Mac mini model? For example, mine says "Mac mini (Mid 2011)."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.