Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ideas for garageband.

Hi I'm Duran Ishmael... The thing is garageband is amazing but needs more instruments like brass and more strings like ukulele, banjos and more effects for guitars like delay's, reverb's, distortion, chorus, and more effect's. Why i said that because I'm musician... And garageband guitars are so cool... Who thing like me?? anyone?

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2016 9:53 PM

2 replies

Jan 24, 2016 11:41 PM in response to DuranIshma2

You#re right. There are many instruments that I would love to see in GarageBand iOS. But it is difficult to provide them all by default.

The update to GarageBand 2.1 added the ability to use audio units and instruments provided by third parties, so we can add the ones we want to use and omit others.

Now only the third party developers will have to offer additional instruments.

I think it is good solution to add instruments individually. A good virtual instrument needs a lot of storage for the samples and the storage on iOS devices is usually limited.

On my Mac the instrument library with all the jam packs needs roughly 35GB, not counting the additional Loop Library. Such a rich collection of sounds and audio material would not work on a small handheld device.

Jan 29, 2016 12:28 PM in response to léonie

Yes that's true... But the thing is, not have to be a lot of sounds with just the basics would be more than good to give more freedom to do a song with the scale of tones and would be able to edit to taste an incredible improvement ... the voices when one tries to change the tone to mount voices as the weather changes and it is impossible to mount.

My ideas for garageband.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.