Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X 10.2.1 GUI lag

Hi,

have a look at the following video:

http://screencast.com/t/OVXrZM6FJGZ

I start with tweaking a knob of Ultrabeat which is totally smooth.

After Starting playback however the GUI gets very laggy (except the tooltip).

Even the VU Meter stops to redraw properly.

This only happens if a VU Meter (even the Master in the Toolbar) is visible !

It is the same with EXS24 or ES2, Alchemy however is smooth.

Anyone else got this behavior ?

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), .

Posted on Jan 25, 2016 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2016 4:40 AM

Using 10.11.3

22 replies

Feb 6, 2016 6:37 PM in response to gaiarec1

No problems here with any GUI lag, (that wasn't already present to a minor degree depending on system loads... n 10.2 or 10.1.1) on any of my main and testbed systems....

2015 iMac 5K 32GB

2011 iMac 32GB

2015 Mac Pro 32GB

2013 Macbook Pro 16GB

2011 Mac Mini Server 16GB

All using Motu interfaces... and running either OS X 10.10.5, 10.11.3 or 10.11.4b with LPX 10.2.1

Feb 7, 2016 8:08 AM in response to ansolas

What I'm seeing on my system in Logic and Pro Tools is moving the Tracks area or Edit page in PT with 2 fingers on my trackpad will make the counter and meters laggy. So, both "edit" area in both DAW are suffering from this. Just move the pointer to the track header section, again in both programs, doesn't make the GUI laggy. Logic X and PT 12 most recent versions on 101.11.3. But I don't have any problems when moving knobs in a plugin.

Feb 7, 2016 8:36 AM in response to ansolas

ansolas wrote:

Please try to replicate whet I am showing in the vide.

I did and I couldn't replicate it to any worse degree than it was under 10.2 or 10.1.1

There has always been some lag visually for me.. when I manipulate a control on the screen with a mouse..but its only visual... so I don't worry too much about it.. as it doesn't affect what is being recorded... and frankly I assign controller sliders and knobs on my P6 these days.. to handle such things and then I see no lag at all because Im not looking at the screen.

Feb 7, 2016 9:12 AM in response to ansolas

NO lag fot me while tweaking a knob while I play notes and playback of a project. MBA 2013 11". The devs are in for a treat on this lag problem as nobody seems to have the same problems with it. Good luck pinpointing it. I have no system tweaks or plugins/extensions, barebone OSX and all my third party stuff is legit( not that I think it would change anything on the GUI front).

Feb 7, 2016 9:42 AM in response to I want My ES2

Such differences in performance can be related to...

1) Differences in internal Hardware (Graphic Cards and drivers or simply CPU resources and memory)

2) Differences in external Hardware and quality of drivers... (Audio/Midi devices for example)

3) Other apps/drivers/hardware installed...

4) Different workflows... which highlight different issues... that others may not notice because their workflow is different.

5) System specific issues.... or problems..

6) Murphy's (Sod's) Law 🙂

Logic Pro X 10.2.1 GUI lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.