Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 9.2.1 broke the accuracy of touch screen

after my upgrade to 9.2.1, the touch screen accuracy makes the phone almost useless. I can't type accurately, and can't even open the apps i want without opening other apps.

when i lock the screen then unlock it seems to fix the touch screen accuracy for around 10 seconds which then it will go back to inaccurate touch screen.

another issue i've noticed is 2 white vertical lines that shows up in the home screen randomly, but when i lock screen it's not there... so I'm glad it's not HW issue.

this started all from last night after upgrade to IOS 9.2.1

anyone have any solutions on this?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1, touch screen issues on IOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2016 5:52 AM

10 replies

Jan 29, 2016 12:13 AM in response to Krasnopol

I have the exact same issue after upgrading to 9.2.1!! It started right after upgrading. I have an iPhone 5C.

Lock screen fixes it for a few seconds.

I've closed all apps and done a hard reset by holding home and start button until the phone restarts.

I have tried factory reseting the phone from the phone's menu.

I have just now also tried a factory reset via iTunes. Still no luck.

Feb 11, 2016 1:19 AM in response to rhv12

Thanks for that video rhv12, great that you managed to solve the issues on yours.

My phone hasn't had any screen replacement or any other reparation done and I don't get an error 53 when restoring. But I still have the strange touch behavior.

But I have nothing to lose by trying your method. I'm comfortable opening up my phone, I already did to see if I could fix the problem. I opened it and disconnected the screen cables and made sure they were clean and put them back. Phone works just as before. I'll report back if it helped or not.

IOS 9.2.1 broke the accuracy of touch screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.