Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

7th gen nano running slowly after downloading music

i just bought a brand new nano. After updating iTunes and the nano OS, I downloaded maybe 5-6 artists for about 1gb of storage. After disconnecting i noticed that the nano now ran, I'd guess, about 80% slower. I have to press the music icon 4-5 times to get the machine to register my selection; and it continues for every selection I try to make. Is this just the way the OS is? Or have I gotten a defect or something?

Posted on Jan 25, 2016 7:43 AM

4 replies

Jan 26, 2016 2:51 PM in response to jdb388

Hi there jdb388,

It sounds like your iPod nano 7th gen is slow after you synced some music to it. I would start by resetting the device with this article:

Learn how to reset your iPod

If the issue persists then I would recommend restoring the iPod with iTunes and syncing your music one more time:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Jan 28, 2016 1:16 PM in response to sterling r

That didn't solve the issue. An example, when reset, I could swipe to go back, and had no trouble selecting the music icon, despite there being no music. When I put 6 albums on, it now will not swipe back, and I have to press the music icon multiple times and then the artist selection multiple times. At this point I am planning to return it.

7th gen nano running slowly after downloading music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.