Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is anyone else experiencing the battery percentage bug on the iphone 5s

is anyone experiencing the battery percentage bug on the iphone 5s, because i am :/

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Jan 25, 2016 4:38 PM

9 replies

Jan 26, 2016 8:31 AM in response to @kamal

@kamal wrote:

you can solve this problem replace the battery

and restore your phone by itunes

I'm sorry, but it's a really, really, bad idea to try a cure before you have diagnosed the problem. Most of the time battery problems are not the result of a bad battery. Apple can test your battery in a few seconds and tell you if it is a battery failure or some other problem. So take it to an Apple store.

It's also a really, really bad idea to replace the battery anywhere but at an Apple store, as if you make any mistakes your phone is dead, permanently, and doing it anywhere but at an Apple store voids any remaining warranty and also eliminates Apple support out of warranty.

Jan 27, 2016 7:33 AM in response to Brandon.Wilson173843

It is happening to many iPhones, mostly I have see and have myself, 5s, 5 and 4.... Here what we are experiencing is a shut down when battery arrives to around 23-30% remain charge. And then when you charge it in a few seconds it shows like you have 23-30% battery already charged ???!!!! so do you have or don't have that remain battery life ? but it is frustrating to have that amount of battery and get a shut down, you can't work with this kind of behavior.

This is happening in iOS9 at least on the last 2 upgrades (now 9.2.1) that I start notice it.

I hope Apple do not start with "this kind of tricks" to force on "iPhone" upgrade.... last night on conference they said there is 60% users on 5s or less, so there is way to grow on iPhone sells....

Jan 27, 2016 11:38 AM in response to titina2

titina2 wrote:

It is happening to many iPhones, mostly I have see and have myself, 5s, 5 and 4.... Here what we are experiencing is a shut down when battery arrives to around 23-30% remain charge. And then when you charge it in a few seconds it shows like you have 23-30% battery already charged ???!!!! so do you have or don't have that remain battery life ? but it is frustrating to have that amount of battery and get a shut down, you can't work with this kind of behavior.

This is happening in iOS9 at least on the last 2 upgrades (now 9.2.1) that I start notice it.

This happened as far back as iOS 5 on a 4S (actually, back to iOS 1 on an original iPhone, but the cause was probably different). It has nothing to do with the version. Or the hardware. It has 3 possible causes: The battery gauge needs to be recalibrated, the battery is failing, or you are in the habit of changing the time/date to cheat on some game. It's easy to check for a failing battery; visit an Apple store and they can test it in less than a minute.

Also, try recalibrating your battery gauge:

• Charge to 100%
  • Run the battery down until the phone shuts off
  • If it shuts off above 1% charge it for a minute only, then continue running the battery down. Repeat until it makes it to 1% before shutting off
  • Charge it to 100% again

Feb 12, 2016 7:31 AM in response to titina2

Hi Lawrence, I have noticed the following behavior, when I use bluetooth on the iPhone the battery has this weird issue, about turning off the iPhone on 30% battery remain, but if the bluetooth is off, the battery seems to act normal, even be alive on 1% remain battery for an hour or so, I do not know what to think, if the bluetooth is not well implemented on the last 2 iOS updates or if there is any other issue. The behavior on the bluetooth when I get the Apple Watch was fine, not so drastic, you noticed a consumption on the battery but not like this.

The weird part is people I know, who does not have the bluetooth activated, is dealing with this too, but in my case bluetooth is the main cause for this behavior.

Apple Watch does not work without being connected to the iPhone over bluetooth, but the iPhone it not useful as a work tool with these "blackouts" on 30% battery remain :-/

is anyone else experiencing the battery percentage bug on the iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.