Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Outlook 2011 on iMAC

Hi All, this has been raised before I'm sure but it is getting very confusing to me.

My MS Office MAC 2011 is installed and working as it should except for Outlook contacts. When I start a new email and go to the contact name box I am seeing a drop down list of site addresses instead of the expected contact names. I have looked in the Apple Address book and all contact names are there. Outlook gets mail from GMail which is working fine and showing calendars. No contacts though.😕.

I have tried creating a new identity, db repair but no success. Also SyncServices is turned on to sync with Apple Address book - still no contacts appearing in the email drop down.

All contacts are showing in iCloud as well.

Is there someone out there who can help me get my contacts to appear as they should.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 12:15 AM

3 replies

Apr 6, 2016 8:40 AM in response to JtheK

Adding "identities" is a total disaster. That solution makes no sense since you can already have multiple accounts in MS Office 2011 and the solution is designed to have multiple accounts and multiple formats (e.g. gmail, IMAP, etc). The path for identities requires basically separate logins to sepearate Outlook instances and that defeats the purpose.

MS Outlook 2011 on iMAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.