Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No iBooks PDF Bookmark Sync..??!

Hi and tnxs for reading.

A similar post was submitted some years ago.

No OSX has changed to El Capitan, but the issue is still there.

Everything is up to date.

I have a lot of PDFs on my iOS devices and on my Mac, everything is on iBooks.

When I stop reading a PDF on my iPhone and open it on my iPad, it automatically goes to the last read page: everything is kept synchronised.

However, although my iBooks setting on my Mac are selected to ON, here the sync is not working.

Any idea for a solution please?

Tnxs, Cheers.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2016 8:21 AM

I am having the same issue! I download a pdf from safari. drop it into iBooks. then sync iBooks with my iOS devices. The iOS devices sync pages and bookmarks but the OS X starts pdfs on page one every time. I have also tried ibooks/file/move books from iTunes. this has not solved my issue.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2016 8:21 AM in response to Jet787

I am having the same issue! I download a pdf from safari. drop it into iBooks. then sync iBooks with my iOS devices. The iOS devices sync pages and bookmarks but the OS X starts pdfs on page one every time. I have also tried ibooks/file/move books from iTunes. this has not solved my issue.

No iBooks PDF Bookmark Sync..??!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.