Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font size in email signature

Hi;

Since EC, my email signature has ballooned to a megalomaniacal 16 pts from a humble 9 pts that it was for years. I can't seem to change the font size back. What am I missing?

Chris

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 27", 2.7 gHz, 12gb RAM, 1tb HD

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 9:57 AM

13 replies

Jan 26, 2016 11:51 AM in response to alffiiy

Actually, it's not just the signature with which I'm having issues. Any new message seems to be stuck on Verdana 16 as the smallest point size even though I have set Verdana 14 as my default in the preferences. I can go larger than 16 pt, but no smaller. This applies to other fonts as well.

I think maybe this is happening since I updated to 10.11.3.

Jan 26, 2016 11:09 AM in response to Chris Au

Hi Chris,

I didn't see any option when i wanted to change mine today but i manage to change it using another method.

Open Mail, click compose new mail and click on show format bar if you haven't, check from the photo attached

Type your signature in compose new mail and adjust the font style and size then highlight all copy and minimize the window then go to Mail->Preferences->Signatures click the plus icon and paste it to your signature. You can also use Microsoft word to do this.

Cheers.User uploaded file

Feb 4, 2016 11:04 AM in response to Chris Au

Chris Au wrote:

Hi;

I decided to update the two other Macs I use to 10.11.3 from 10.11.2 despite not having found a resolution to this issue. This issue does not present on either of them.

So I guess this issue only presents on my iMac 27". Hmmm . .

Chris

which begs the question: what may be different in that mac? (a tough question, sometimes)

Did you try starting in Safe Mode and see if: 1) the issue still occurs in Safe Mode, 2) it returns when you boot normally again, or not?

Font size in email signature

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.