Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad & PDF's

Help!! I have an Ipad Air 2 that opens PDF's (single and multipage) sent to me via email perfectly! I can open them and send them to iBooks for later reading. My friend has an ipad and the same PDF only shows the first page as an image. What gives?? There has to be a setting limiting his to only one page while all 60 of my pages downloaded fine.

Any suggestions?

iPad, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 8:45 AM

9 replies

Jan 26, 2016 9:06 AM in response to Phil0124

He has an IPad Air as well running iOS 9.2.1. We both use an exchange server for email (in which I can open and download the entire document). When he opens the email with the same attachment, a image of the first page is in the body of the email and no "Button" to download. The only option is to save an image of this first page.

Jan 26, 2016 10:42 AM in response to Phil0124

ok. We work for the same company so are using the same email (Exchange-not the default mail client on our iPads). I checked both of our settings simultaneously and we have the exact same settings-I get the 60 page document and he gets a pic of the first page. I've tried a smaller PDF with no luck and tried sending him the attached PDF from my iPad without success. I'm really stumped!

Jan 26, 2016 11:30 AM in response to jdnyk

Exchange is the mail server.

The client would be the actual App you are using on your iPad. I do not believe there is an Exchange App. There is an Outlook App, however, from Microsoft.

Is that what you are using to view the E-Mail?

You may be using the same Exchange server, but the account configuration can be different for different accounts. Contacting your IT department may be a wise option as they are more familiar with their E-Mail settings.

Feb 14, 2016 12:30 PM in response to jdnyk

I Have the same problem.

all the pdf attachments it get downloaded automatically and loaded as an image In mail message preview.

the pdf preview shows the first page of the pdf onl, if you do a long press on this image you get save image and copy.

if I click save image then go to the photos library it will show a BLANK WHITE picture and PDF word writen in the middle.

i Cannot open the attachment with any other app like i used to before.

kindly advice as this a big problem for me

Mar 12, 2016 7:08 AM in response to jdnyk

Same problem with PDF files opening just page 1, and saving options 'as image' only.😢 😠 😟➖

I reinstalled EVERYTHING. Mailaccounbts, Adobe Reader, I even used an old iPad back-up (from december 2015). Worked ok again opening PDF-files, , until iTunes (automatically...😮??) updated to IOS 9.2.1.

I really liked to work paperless on iPad, but now I just want to smash it against the wall.

WHAT A FAILURE, APPLE!!!! 😠➖😠➖

BRING BACK THE OLD WAY OF OPENING PDF FILES AS DOWNLOADABLE OR 'SAVE WITH <app> !!!

(please?)😢😟

Ipad & PDF's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.