Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dictation in Google Chrome

The dictation commands on the Mac are awesome... I am dealing with physical problems from computer use, so discovering dictation is very liberating and getting me excited to get better using it.

However, I work a lot in Google docs and Gmail, and Google Chrome (or Firefox, and even Safari) does not let me use all of the commands that Apple's dictation provides. It's missing the selection commands, navigation commands and editing commands that are available when using an Apple app like TextEdit. Those commands are very helpful for moving the cursor around and making changes without the keyboard. Is there any way to get these commands to work in Chrome?

I'm currently on Yosemite.

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 11:07 AM

1 reply

Jan 28, 2016 3:10 PM in response to jonnygexter

After spending more time with it, apple's dictation won't work for me in the browser, it makes mistakes and capitalizes after pausing, making it useless because of the lack of selection/editing commands... The only solution that's been working for me has been to type in TextEdit, and then to copy and paste into the browser. But this is not a real solution..

Anyone? Any ideas please?

Otherwise I will have to drop apples dictation and find another solution...

Dictation in Google Chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.