Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Asus AC3200 and Apple Devices

About a month ago, I purchased the Asus AC3200 running Asus stock firmware 378-7838 when I started noticing the STOPPED (ERR = -3295) message on my Apple devices. Next, I upgrade the firmware to 378_9313. Did not solve the problem. Someone in SNB forums, suggested Merlin 378-56.2. Next, I upgraded to Merlin 378-56.2 firmware. After I did the upgrade, I thought Merlin's firmware might be more stable and I wasn't experiencing any issues with Apple devices. I thought maybe this firmware did the trick.

Last week, I am having some problems with my Apple products specifically Mac Mini, Macbook Air, iPhone 5s and iPod Touch 5th. When I go to to the App store to download an iOS 15mb app, I'm getting the STOPPED (ERR = -3295) message about the network connection has been reset. The file will start to download and get to about 13mb and then die on me. That is when I receive the error message.

First off, I turned off the router and modem. I turned on the modem and waiting till it was up and running. Next, I turned on the router and waiting till it was on and running. Next, I disabled QoS, Bandwidth, Parental Controls, Network Protection and any other setting. I basically tried to strip down this router as good as I can with settings.

1. Mac Mini - I tried to download an iOS app, 15mb, on both wired and wireless. Both FAILED the test.
2. Vista - I tried to download two torrent files both over 500mb on a wired connection. PASSED.
3. iPod Touch - I tried to download an iOS app on a wireless connection. FAILED.
4. Mac Mini (Inside house) - I tried to download an iOS app, 15mb, on wireless. Both FAILED the test.

I did run a tool to determine which channels my neighbors are on and adjusted the 2.4 and 5 band channels accordingly to make sure there was no conflicts. My neighbors are using 1, 6, 11, 149 and 157. So, I thought I would set my channels to low numbers like 8 or 9 or 148.

As you see by my results, the Apple products failed the test but the PC passed on a wired connection. Next, I turned off the Asus router and plugged in the Airport Extreme and configured it. I ran #1, 3, 4 tests and all Apple products PASSED with flying colors. I didn't need to test any PCs because I know they work with the Extreme. Also, I turned off the Asus router and factory reset my Linksys 1900ac router running 1.1.10.167514. I have ZERO problems with this router and any Apple products. Right out of the gate, I am able to download torrent files and iOS apps to ALL my Apple devices. I am able to download iOS apps WIRELESSLY on my Macbook Air and iPhone without any issues.

The Linksys router is in the same location in the garage where the Asus router was located. On the Linksys router, I have the 2.4 and 5 band channel set to AUTO and I don't have any issues.

I don't understand why I have so many issues with Apple devices and Asus router. It appears I have less issues with Linksys router and Apple devices. I would like to use the Asus router for the AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer and Firewall features but not if I will be experiencing issue with my Apple devices.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jan 26, 2016 11:01 AM

1 reply

Asus AC3200 and Apple Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.